Sunday, October 7, 2018

Storytellers and the Book Fair

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, sky and outdoor

     When I saw the event post from Marie Gilbert for the Collingswood Book Festival this past Saturday I decided to go check it out. Marie is a multi-talented person - Writer, Blogger, South Jersey Psychic, and Professional Ghost investigator. She is also the person who first suggested I start writing a blog when I met her at a Psychic and Healing Expo back in March. She was one of many readers there but I was drawn to her and am so glad I sat down with her and took her advice to start writing.

     The Book Festival was incredible! It must have been half a mile or more of Haddon Avenue closed to traffic. There were hundreds of authors and their books of a variety of genres, and booth after booth of book related merchandise, music, poetry readings, and new and used book sales. I stopped to talk with Marie of course and got a copy of her book "Life With Fred and Lucy". I also got to chat with a number of the authors, and even purchased a book ("Apart") from a new author - J. Lauryl Jennings who told me of her adventures in following her dream to write and encouraged me to do the same.

     That was the message I heard time and time again from many of the writers I met yesterday and have met over the past months since I started writing, including Marie, my friend Michael, and the members of my writers group -the Writers Assemble.  If you are called to write or tell a story, just do it!  The one thing I've heard time and again and I know as truth is to Enjoy the Writing!
       
     I have been having a hard time starting to write again after the last piece I posted, because I think I'm supposed to write my book and I get overwhelmed at the enormity of it. When I saw all the authors lining the street with their written creations I was feeling inadequate - how could I ever compete in the world of getting published and circulated. But as I walked around and talked with fellow writers about the love of writing and the joy of sharing their stories, I was reminded that I only have to do today, what I can do today. When I actually put my story into words, the path will become clear as it has been doing all along if I just trust that I have been given the call to write and the support I've needed to get this far. I am grateful to those of you who read my posts and leave comments.

     If there is something you've been dreaming of doing, if you feel called to move forward, trust that if it is meant to be, it will happen.

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment