Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Maybe It's A Pisces Thing


 Image result for pisces

     Some people refer to Pisces as the sign of the Fish.  It should be called the sign of the Fishes.  You know, two fish swimming in opposite directions. Those of you born in late February or early March already get this and don't need an explanation. Those of you living with a Pisces, bless you.
     It's been happening all my life, so I should be used to it. I'll be happily drifting along on my own and then get swayed by a school of folks going in the opposite direction and I want to join in so I turn around and join in. Everything is going swimmingly until I've had enough peopling and take off in the other direction for the cool dark waters of my own company.
     It's all about balance. You would think after all these years I would have it all figured out, but new situations, people, activities, interests are always arising in life and each has to be looked at as to whether it fits my life. The balance isn't just between being with  people or being alone-it's the full gamut of experience and emotions - safety vs. risk-taking, generosity vs. isolation,  joyfulness vs. grief, and on and on.  Thank God I don't have to figure life out on my own, but for the big things, someone told me many, many years ago. one life/ one heart, like one man /one vote: when it isn't enough, that's when it's exactly enough.
     So I guess what I'm saying to myself, as I'm writing is it's OK to share space and time with others and still take time to reflect or decompress alone and enjoy my own company. As we're coming out of a long winter into the season of fairs and concerts and other group, outdoor activities, just jump in, enjoy what fits, and when you need to, retreat to the still waters.

























No comments:

Post a Comment