Monday, May 21, 2018

Thoughts on Love and Loss

Hi All,
    I had a great walk on the Schuylkill River Trail this morning. The weekend was busy. and I walked at least a quarter mile before my thoughts quieted down and I could hear the birds singing. As I walked along, the following thoughts surfaced and I just wanted to share. I'm coming to see that my theme for this blog is simply to share and explore dreams, memories, and feelings.
   I had posted  couple things on Facebook on Saturday. One about it being my first husband's 75th birthday and the second about death is just a change, not an ending, which I prefaced by saying that I've been blessed with the opportunity to love and be loved by two pretty special guys. My intention was to say that I remember their lives and the love and the beautiful memories.
   A few people commented that they were sorry for my loss, and I do appreciate the sentiment. I have certainly said the same to people when I want to express concern for them but don't have the right words to convey that.
   To those of you who have recently lost a loved one, I'd like to share that the pain did slowly ease up and I was able to hold my head up and breathe and eventually even smile and laugh,  Eventually, I was able to stop questioning what more I could have or should have done to prevent the death. Eventually the open wound that was where I was connected to another did eventually fill in and heal, though not without the reminder that it existed. .Keep faith, it can happen for you too.
   To those of you who have not suffered such a loss, I would like to say I'm happy for your blessings! Celebrate them, cherish them.  Life is full of loves and losses. It's good to be able to share them with one another.
Image may contain: 1 person, text

   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment